Friday 10 May 2013

BIRTHDAY TEATIME SAMPLER

Here is a new design I have been working on for a very special birthday sampler.  We will offer it as a kit with the option to personalise either with the initials, birth year and age of the recipient, or alternatively, the initials of the stitcher with the year of completion may be added in the traditional way.  I will make a little motif to replace the age numeral for the latter option. 

I have attempted to keep it celebratory, but hopefully not overtly so - the implied dresser and blue colourway help to restrain, and I have left out too much of the obvious, so no balloons or candles!  I have set it in a border that I used on one of the very first samplers I designed for Riverdrift, with a slight variation for emphasis, necessary for the limited colour palette.

I still have a bit of filling out and some final tweaks to the upper garland, but at this stage it is usually best to sleep on it and come back with fresh eyes another day.

This one is for my Granny Dolly, born in 1913, in this her very special year - she must have made more cups of tea in her lifetime than almost any other living person - but keep it a secret until October, please!  No need to wait until then for the kit, however... I will be charting up next week and stock will follow soon after.




1 comment: