Tuesday 23 April 2013

FAMILY BAND SAMPLER


Here is possibly my favourite of all the samplers I have designed so far - my own version of the  age-old 'band' sampler - strips of horizontal patterns worked down a long strip of fabric.  It features in the needlework photographs on the home page of the Riverdrift House website.  This is one of two I personalised this morning for today's post.  It simply involves switching the initials in the original (which is full of Stevensons!) for those the customer sends by email.  First I lay them out, then work on the spacing, and finally, set the colours.  The colour choices can have a surprisingly helpful effect on the overall balance.  I find this very satisfying and happy work, knowing they will be stitched with all the love in the world.  I hope today's ladies are pleased with their finished charts!  

No comments:

Post a Comment