Monday 29 April 2013

ROYAL RESIDENCES LARGE SAMPLER - STAGE 2

I have now reached the second stage of the design for the large sampler that is in progress to combine the four individual Royal samplers into one.  I am now happy with the layout and I am almost there with the colour work.  It will be stitched on a cream 20 count Aida - this gives an option to offer as a kit on a 40 count linen as an alternative fabric.  I have decided to bring in more of the purples and lavenders, for royalty, but also I need to achieve a relatively refined look overall, and I think this may help.  There is a bit more of the darker purple to go in, especially in the upper sections, which will hopefully help the visual balance as well.

I also need to add a stronger motif in the two top corners - perhaps a couple more of the Garter Stars will do the trick.  The lower border, which I used in the Coronation Sampler - based on the Queen's Diadem - will serve as a useful area for adding the stitcher's initials, or full name, date and any other personal details to complete the work - and it is a fair amount of work!  I will package as a kit and also offer an option to buy the chart separately.  Hopefully, it will be ready for printing and packing some time in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment