Monday 15 April 2013

ROYAL RESIDENCES SAMPLER - BALMORAL CASTLE



This is the fourth in a set of 'Royal Residences' Sampler Cross Stitch Kit designs.  These are worked on a white 14 count Aida and are available to buy as kits from my website www.riverdrifthouse.co.uk   (The Contact Me Button is set to take you straight there).

The other three are 'Buckingham Palace','Windsor Castle' and 'Sandringham'.

There is always so much that could be included in a design like this, the inspiration is almost endless.  So, after all the research, it is then a matter of distillation, followed by a balance of what is required to both please the eye and be fun to stitch.

Even though the Castle went more or less right first time, I was not too happy with the overall progress - until the tartan ribbons went in.  Then, I felt, the mood turned Scottish - mission accomplished!

Today I have started work on a large chart to combine these four designs into one, for the more devoted embroiderers to work on an 18, 20 or 24 count fabric.  We will sell it with the option to buy the chart only, or as a kit.  It has a linking border added, which I want to vary so it is more interesting to stitch.  All the colours need refreshing, so there is quite a lot more time involved, but I am very happy to have made a start on this one today, at least.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I just got the Balmoral sampler and have been bemoaning all day about my lack of having the others. I look forward eagerly to the combined sampler. I love your work!

    ReplyDelete